Tuesday, January 22, 2008

This Week in Peer Review

I had two papers accepted for ICC 2008. Generally the review process was efficient and well-organized, in line with my previous experience of ICC. Here are my general observations:
  • Paper submission deadline was Sep 28, 2007; anticipated decision date was Jan 10, 2008; decisions were received on time.
For such a large conference, a 3.5 month turnaround is quite reasonable.
  • Paper 1: general subject area was wireless network security (submitted to the Wireless Networking symposium)
This paper received four reviews, which is impressive; I have never seen that before on a conference paper. Reviews were generally positive. Two of the reviews were brief, but the other two had substantial and helpful comments.
  • Paper 2: general subject area was cooperative diversity (submitted to the Communication Theory symposium)
This paper received two reviews, which is average for an ICC paper. Both reviews, though generally positive, were short (like, 2-3 lines each) and not particularly helpful. One review contained a criticism of our paper that was either incoherent or logically inconsistent, I can't decide which.

Disclaimer: These views are my own and should in no way be construed as the views of my coauthors.

No comments: